[Insight-users] Breaking WrapITK into packages

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 19 11:49:36 EDT 2008

HI Ali,

CMake generates reports of target dependencies for you.

You will find it in the files called:

                  depend.make

in each one of the "TARGET.dir" directories that CMake
creates in the Binary tree.

CMake also offers the functionality of exporting these
dependency relationships to graph files in the format
expected by the Graphviz DOT tool. (The same tool used
by Doxygen for generateing UML class diagrams).

You can do this by going to the top of binary tree,
and typing:

    cmake  --graphviz=ITKDependencies.dot  ~/src/Insight

(where ~/src/Insight is the directory where you have your
ITK source tree).

     http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:For_CMake_Hackers

Then you invoke "dot" as

     dot -Tpng   -oITKDependencies.png  ITKDependencies.dot

and you will get a (large) PNG image with the dependency graph.

Dot allows you to export to many other formats (not only PNG).

You will find documentation about Graphviz at:

               http://www.graphviz.org/