[Insight-users] Gradient Vector Field and Level Set

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:24:04 EST 2008

Hi Diana,
 you should use it as the advection field in the
GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter, rather than speed.
Best regards

Luca

2008/11/13, droettger at uni-koblenz.de <droettger at uni-koblenz.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to include the itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter into a level set
> approach, using the ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter.
> The gradient diffusion, resulting out of GVF should perform an external
> force, in terms of the level set speed function.
>
> My question is, if I can simply use the output of
> itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter as the speed image, since it is a vector
> field, and needs a diffrent approximation than a scalar image.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Diana

Inviato dal mio dispositivo mobile

Luca Antiga, PhD
 Biomedical Technologies Laboratory
 Biomedical Engineering Department,
 Mario Negri Institute
mail: Villa Camozzi, 24020, Ranica (BG), Italy
phone: +39 035 4535-381
email: antiga at marionegri.it
web: http://villacamozzi.marionegri.it/~luca