[Insight-users] Scalar Speed Image in Level Set Approaches

droettger at uni-koblenz.de droettger at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Nov 18 04:19:01 EST 2008

Hey,

I'm testing ITK level set approaches in my segmentation framework and want
the front to shrink, when it crosses over boundaries.
Is it possible to manipulate the scalar speed image to be negative in some
cases, for example at some specific intensity values, on my own and pass
positive as well as negative values in the speed image to the level set
algorithm?

Is it possible in all level set methods, for example
ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter or
GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Diana