[Insight-users] Scalar Speed Image in Level Set Approaches

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 18 08:21:41 EST 2008

Hi Diana,

You have (at least) two options:

1) Use the Advection field term in the Geodesic Active Contours.
    Normally, the vector field that represents the advection term
    will help to push back the level set when it goes too far from
    the border (... as long as there is actually a border there...)

2) You can have negative speed terms, but that may require that you
    retouch (e.g. derive and overload some methods) from the level set
    function.

    You may want to look at how this is done in the
    ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFunction

  Please let us know if you have further questions,