[Insight-users] TPS landmark fitting with itk

Raja Yalamanchili yrpchandu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:45:02 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to fit a surface to a set of land mark points using Thin plate
spline. I browsed through itk filters and i found filter
itkThinPlateSplineKernelTransform to do this, so i thought i can specify
some points on a plane as source points and my landmark points as target
points for this filter.

My questions are :

1. Is this the right way(right filter) to do my task
2. I'm having very high number of landmark points around 20,000 can this
filter handle so many landmark points?

Another thing i want to mention is that there is ThinPlateSplines
application in "InsightApplications-3.10.0", i built these applications
using the fltk 1.9 and vtk 5.2 binaries. While building the application i
didn't get any errors but while i tried to run the application and click
some point on window i'm getting the following error, after that the body of
window is inactive can you please comment on it:

ERROR: In \tools\vtk-5.2.0\Rendering\vtkInteractorStyle.cxx, line 392
vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera (014440C0): Timer start failed

thanks and regards
--
Raja Yalamanchili.(Phani)
Research Assistant, University of Houston