[Insight-users] directory settings for .lib and .h files in microsoft visual studios 2008

Roel Kierkels rkierkels at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:34:25 EST 2008

Hi,

I started using ITK toolbox. To my opinion I installed the toolbox and Cmake correctly. The helloworld program is working fine but I had to add a number of paths in Tools --> Options --> Project and Solutions --> VC++ Directories in order to find the correct lib and .h files. Then I tried the next example Image1.cxx from the ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf and I had to set more and more directories. Hence I got an error message and don't know what to do: the first error of the 23 errors is:

Error    1    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall vnl_matrix<double>::~vnl_matrix<double>(void)" (??1?$vnl_matrix at N@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public: class vnl_matrix_fixed<double,3,3> __thiscall itk::Matrix<double,3,3>::GetInverse(void)const " (?GetInverse@?$Matrix at N$02$02 at itk@@QBE?AV?$vnl_matrix_fixed at N$02$02@@XZ)                 Image1.obj                      Image1

Can someone help me with this, because I have to set the correct directories properly before I can even start programming myself instead of trying the examples.

Furthermore my second question is: Which directories do I have to set in order to find all the necessarily itk header files and lib files? For the lib files it seems to be d:\IKT\InsightBin\bin\Debug

Thanks

Roel