[Insight-users] questions about spatial objects & line extraction

juhaas juhaas at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Nov 21 02:30:47 EST 2008

hey everyone,

i´m still new and i still have some problems. could please anybody help me?

in need to extract lines (straight and circled lines) from an image of a
domino tile. so far, i did some preprocessing and the sobel edge
detection. after that i binarized the image and did a line thinning. so
now i have a binary image with the contours of a rectangle and circles.

what i want to do now is to extract these lines. i thought i could maybe
use the SpatialObject classes or the ChainCodePath. but i have no clue
how i could get my lines from the image into a SpatialObject or
ChainCode data structure.

to be honest i don´t understand the use of the SpatialObject at all. is
this class actually useful to stor segmentation results like this? or
can you only create some "artificial" models of simple objects?

i feel really lost right now in this huge library.

thanks for any help,
judith