[Insight-users] where to find more instructions about how to use the method in the itk and the theory of the method

Wei-Dong Lian weidong.lian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:56:42 EDT 2008

Hello, everyone in the itk

I am new for the itk. I am a user, not a developer. In my PhD work, it needs
to use itk to do image segmentation to build the model. I found itk and I
found it really very useful, powerful and interesting. I have installed the
itk, vtk and fltk and of course insightApplicaitons examples. I can
understand the codes and how it works. But there is some parameters to input
the filters and I really do not know what it means, and I also looked at the
Website document about the classes, fuctions and these instruction. I have
read some part of the SoftwareGuide.pdf. So now I want to know if there is
instrcutions detailed about the method itself and how to use it. To the
best, it also tell us the experiences of how to use it.
I will be appreciated if someone can give me some advices about my problem.
I think some beginers the same as me will also expect the advices.

for examples, I do not know what the time-crosssing map in the fast marching
filter means. I hope you can give me some advice on how to cope with these
problems as this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.