[Insight-users] Fwd: itk vtk and cocoa

alexandre govignon govignon.alexandre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 11:41:33 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: alexandre govignon <govignon.alexandre at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/10/29
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] itk vtk and cocoa
To: Mathieu Coursolle <mcoursolle at rogue-research.com>

Thank you very much. But it still doesn't work.
Can you explain me, if you have enough time, all the steps i have to
make for having such results.
I am sur it doesn't work because i make something wrong.
Actually i used that tutorial:
http://www.macresearch.org/cocoa_for_scientists
(14,15,16)

thank you very much for your help.

2008/10/29 Mathieu Coursolle <mcoursolle at rogue-research.com>:
> Hi,
> We are using VTK and ITK in a Cocoa application without any problems.
> Here is an example on how we include the headers, maybe it will help you...
> Make sure the file you include itk headers in are .mm.
> If you want to see our settings:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=205389
> Thanks.
> Mathieu
> // Include all the itk headers used, then this file can be used like a
> framework include
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> // Define undefined constant to avoid warnings.
> #define ITK_TEMPLATE_CXX 0
> #define ITK_TEMPLATE_TYPE 0
>
> #include "itkImage.h"
> #endif
> On 29-Oct-08, at 8:47 AM, alexandre govignon wrote:
>
> Hi all
> i tried to use vtk with cocoa. It works well. But i would like to use
> ITK too. And it causes troubles. Definitely the problem comes from
> templates in ITK which is not accepted by the objective-C language.
> I include itk headers like that:
>

> #define id Id
> #import "vtkRenderer.h"
> #import "itkImage.h"
> #undef id
>
> The third line cause me lots of error due to template language:
>
> such as:
>
> /Users/alex/Dev/ITKB/include/InsightToolkit/Common/itkNumericTraits.h:48:
> error: expected template-name before '<' token
>
> if somebody can help me...
>
> Regards,
> Alexandre

Cordialement,