[Insight-users] RecursiveSeparableImageFilter and ReconstructionImageFilter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Sep 3 04:45:07 EDT 2008

Le 3 sept. 08 à 09:43, Julien Michel a écrit :

> Dear ITK users and developpers,
>
> The RecursiveSeparableImageFilter and the ReconstructionImageFilter
> are requesting the largest possible region for their inputs.
>
> This implies that the whole RecursiveGaussian***Filter family can
> not be streamed, as well as the ***ByReconstructionImageFilter family.
>
> Is there a way to make either of these filters streamable ? I had a
> look  at the code and it seems very optimized so I did not
> understand everything, but yet I did not find evidences of streaming
> impossibility.

Hi Julien,

I can't say for the recursive gaussian filters, but the reconstruction
filters need to process the whole input to produce a valid result.
I'm afraid there is no way to stream this kind of filter and have it
produce the exact same result as the non streamed one.

You may want to look at filters working on neighborhood instead of
regions (regions can cover most of the image) for this kind of feature.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann