[Insight-users] RecursiveSeparableImageFilter and ReconstructionImageFilter

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Wed Sep 3 05:02:57 EDT 2008

Hi Julien,

As far as I understand it, RecursiveSeparableImageFilter should be
recursive and separable meaning that (for a 2D image) the filter first
requires entire lines and then requires entire columns. It can thus
not easily benefit from streaming (even though it could be
multithreaded).

If the filter needs to be run in one direction only, it should however
be possible to do streaming with regions split in the other direction.

Regards,
Tom