[Insight-users] Re : 3D Ct data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 8 09:38:42 EDT 2008

Hi Martine,

When you extract the content of "BrainPart1.tgz" from

http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb/BrainPart1.tgz

you end up with a *DIRECTORY* named "Brain".

Inside this directory, you will find the following files:

    * 1e1a10f20.txt
    * README
    * brainweb1e1a10f20.mha
    * brainweb1e1a10f20.raw

What Winrar is currently doing, is simply decompressing
(unzipping) the tar file, and leaving in your disk the
Tar file called "BrainPart1.tar". You probably have set up
your Windows explorer to hide from you the file extensions.

The full name of the file is "BrainPart1.tar". If you pass
it again through Winrar, it should extract its content.