[Insight-users] ImageIO & GUI Support : TCON 2.0 : Topic forTomorrow : Request for Feedback

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 12 06:30:07 EDT 2008

Can you please tell us about last week's TCON regarding ImageIO & GUI
Support?  I'm sorry I couldn't be there.  Still I provided some feedback
beforehand, as Sean McBride did.  Was our feedback useful to you?

www.itk.org/Wiki/Minutes_090508 says:
> Suggested API for the ImageIO classes unsigned int
> GetNumberOfExtensions() const; std::string GetNthExtension(unsigned
> int) const

Would those two be member functions of ImageIOBase?  Does that mean that
the difference between "read extensions" and "write extensions" is no
longer considered relevant?  If so, I think it would be convenient to
just have a function that returns all the supported extensions:
  const ArrayOfExtensionsType & GetSupportedExtensions() const

Will there also be a function to get a descriptive name of the supported
file format?