[Insight-users] HAMMER registration method (Patented ?)

Don Bigler dcb210 at psu.edu
Tue Sep 23 21:22:13 EDT 2008

Torsten,
    Actually, based on this report,
http://reports-archive.adm.cs.cmu.edu/anon/ml/CMU-ML-06-118.pdf, it
appears like HAMMER operates on par with Demons.  The authors concluded
that their hybrid FEM/Demons method worked slightly better using their
metrics.  In short, not having HAMMER in ITK is probably not a big loss
for ITK.  Also, after using HAMMER for a year or so, and implementing
some badly needed features on my own in order to use it, I also agree
with Bill's comment.
    To comment on segmented vs. intensity based registration ... I would
be interested to see a comparison of segmented vs. intensity based
registration using B-splines or Demons.  Has anyone tried this yet?
Don

--
Don Bigler
The Pennsylvania State University

Hershey Confidentiality Statement:

This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.