[Insight-users] registration based on known homologous point pairs

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Sep 29 04:13:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

can anyone direct me to an ITK method for implementing a registration between 2 sets of homologous points, where the pairings are known? I have seen PointSetToPointSetRegistrationMethod but this appears to be for point clouds, using Iterative Closest Point method to determine previously unknown homologous pairs. Is there a singular value decomposition type of transformation computation based on known pairs, in other words?

Best wishes,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.

Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)

Semmelweisstraße 14

Leipzig, Germany

Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13

Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09