[Insight-users] Dicom file with 32U deta element

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:47:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Hsiang-Chi Kuo <kuoxgx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I am trying to read a dicom file with data element of 32U from dicom RT
> (Dose) with multi-frame. I tried to modified the itkGDCMimage.cxx file
> (simply allow the case of ImageIOBase::UINT: and changed the typedef
> m_Pixel<16,12,11,0> Pixel16_12_11_0 into typedef m_Pixel<32,24,23,0>
> Pixel32_24_23_0). However, I cannot recompile the ITK annd generate the
> itkio.lib successfully (I used GDCM 2.0 during the cmake configuration). Do
> you have any suggestion about how to get this through or how to read Dicom
> RT file with 32bit data element?

Let's go back an iteration, shall we.
0. What are you trying to do ?
1. What is the error thrown by ITK version ?X? using gdcm version ?Y?
2. Why are you modifiying gdcm 1.x code, when using gdcm 2.x ?
3. AFAIK, 32bits are taken into account:

// GDCM 2.x portion:
      // RT / SC have 32bits
    case gdcm::PixelFormat::INT32:
      m_ComponentType = ImageIOBase::INT;