[Insight-users] Using compiled ITK libraries

bnsteel bnsteel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 09:45:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have installed ITK on my MacPro using the macports InsightToolkit and by downloading the tarball and building the binaries for XCode using 'ccmake ~/InsightToolkitdir/  -GXcode' .

If I open the resulting ITK.xcodeproj, I get the whole shebang in XCode and
it's pretty big and slow.  My question is: If I only want to use the ITK
libs, must I include the entire ITK source code in my project? Or can I just
link to the existing libs?

I ask because in trying out the HelloWorld app, where I simply include
"itkImage.h", I run into all sorts of problems, with errors being found in
the itk header files that all relate to the system's confusion about std
namespace items (i.e. 'cout' is not a member of 'std').  I included
ITKCommon.a and ITKIO.a (created by the big XCode proj)and added the header
path (i.e. ~/include/InsightToolkit/**).

I have tried implementing the same linker options (used by example code) in my test app, but I haven't been able to stop these problems.

Brooke