[Insight-users] Curves2DExtractor not working (MinGW & FLTK)

Rick Giuly rgiuly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:54:15 EDT 2009

> When you say that "nothing happens", does this
> means that the shell prompt gets back to you ?

Yes, the prompt comes back

> or that the application is hanging and you don't
> get the prompt back ?
>

> ---
>
> Could you please try the following three things:
>

> A) Open the Task Manager, and check if when you run
>    the ImageViewer application, the name of the
>    executable appears in the list of processes
>    and remains there.

The program only runs for a moment (blink of an eye) and the command
prompt comes back. So I didn't have time to find it in the task manager.

> B) Launch the application with
>
>       strace  ImageViewer
>
>    and see if it reports any error messages.

I used strace from cygwin and got this:

user2 at panther /o/software/InsightApplications-3.12.0-build/ImageViewer
$ strace ./ImageViewer
--- Process 5784, exception C0000135 at 7C964ED1

user2 at panther /o/software/InsightApplications-3.12.0-build/ImageViewer
$

> C) Recompile the ImageViewer application with
>    the Debug compilation flag ON (do this in
>    CMake on the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE), and then
>    launch it from gdb.

I'm not sure exactly how to turn the flag on. Should I just write
"Debug" in the field labeled CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE... or should I write "ON"?

-Rick