[Insight-users] Using compiled ITK libraries

bnsteel bnsteel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:08:19 EDT 2009

Thanks Mike,

My success has spawned a new question

When I followed your example, I don't get any errors when building, but when I run the helloWorld example, I get the error,

      dyld: Library not loaded: libITKAlgorithms.3.4.dylib
         Referenced from: /Users/Shared/itkTest/Build/Release/itkTest
         Reason: image not found

I ran this using Xcode and from the command line.  In both cases, I get the same results: compiles fine, can't link to the libs.

I'm in the process of experimenting with building VXL and ITK by hand to see if I can find a combination that will link with my helloWorld code.  I wouldn't have thought it would be this hard, since there is a XCode option in ccmake.

(here's the helloworld code, just so you know how bland it is):

#include <iostream>
#include "itkImage.h"

int main (int argc, char * const argv[]) {
    typedef itk::Image< unsigned short, 3 > ImageType;
	ImageType::Pointer image = ImageType::New();
	std::cout << "ITK Hello World !" << std::endl;
	return 0;
}

Any insight would be welcomed.