[Insight-users] Vesselness Enhancement filter

Wen Shi wsa18 at sfu.ca
Tue Apr 7 15:07:33 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

Have you ever tried to use the VED(Vesselness Enhancement filter) in ITK.
I got a question, is the filter able to process 2D vessel images?
Since in the code when I change the dimension parameter to 2, then there is debug errors. The followings are what I changed(actually just the dimension) and the debug error information:

// Define the dimension of the images
  const unsigned int Dimension = 2; // I modified this
  typedef short      InputPixelType;
  typedef double     OutputVesselnessPixelType;

The error says the input image is not thick enough, the axis2 should least has 4 pixels.

So I think that VED can just deal with 3D images.
Is that right>?

Wen Shi