[Insight-users] Vesselness Enhancement filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 8 12:31:09 EDT 2009

Hi Wen,

I assume that you are referring to the code from the
Insight Journal paper:

   http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/163
   (http://hdl.handle.net/1926/558)

Is that right ?

If so,
Please note that this will only work for 3D images.

This is mainly due to the fact that the class:

itkAnisotropicDiffusionVesselEnhancementFunction.h

uses the class

itkHessianSmoothed3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter.h

Which only work for 3D images (as the name indicates).

In principle, it should be possible to convert (adapt)
this code to also work in 2D images.

If you are interested in trying to to so, we will be
happy to assist you.... and of course... we will
strongly encourage you to share the resulting code
with the ITK community by submitting a follow up
paper to the Insight Journal.