[Insight-users] Visible Human Dataset

Zein Salah salah at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 7 16:37:10 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a copy of the Visible Human data (colored, male) which I downloaded some years ago. I am trying now to read it using itk. I found information how to generate a .mhd file for the raw images that I have. My problem is that I do not any more know the specification of the data, i.e. resolution, pixel type, etc.

The data look like this:

- There are raw files named as follows: c_vm1006.raw, c_vm1007.raw, ..., c_vm2882.raw.
- There is a file named vismale_fro.inf
- The size of each raw file is exactly  4,980,736 bytes

Does any body have this data? Can somebody help me identifying the specification of the data that I have, probably with a suitable .mhd file?

Much thanks,

Zein