[Insight-users] Trying to monitor progression of fast march operation

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:16:27 EDT 2009

Hi Rick,

You may want to investigate FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter:
    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter.html

This is a subclass of the normal fast marching filter which allows you
to set the "target reached mode". By default all of the gradient
"stuff" is turned off, so you can treat the filter as you would the
parent class. For example, just add these lines:
    filter->SetTargetReachedModeToAllTargets(); // Other options exist also
    filter->SetTargetPoints( targetPoints ); // You need to create these

(An aside: it is a shame this functionality was added to the subclass,
not the parent filter.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dan