[Insight-users] Trying to monitor progression of fast march operation

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 08:17:38 EDT 2009

Hi guys,
  we kept it there at the time the class was written, but there's no
reason for not moving the target mode to the parent class.
If there aren't any objections you could file a feature request in the
bug tracker or proceed with the moving at once.
Let me know your decision

Luca

On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Dan Mueller wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> You may want to investigate FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter:
>    http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter.html
>
> This is a subclass of the normal fast marching filter which allows you
> to set the "target reached mode". By default all of the gradient
> "stuff" is turned off, so you can treat the filter as you would the
> parent class. For example, just add these lines:
>    filter->SetTargetReachedModeToAllTargets(); // Other options
> exist also
>    filter->SetTargetPoints( targetPoints ); // You need to create
> these
>
> (An aside: it is a shame this functionality was added to the subclass,
> not the parent filter.)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers, Dan
>
> 2009/4/14 Rick Giuly <rgiuly at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm trying to monitor progression of fast march operation so I can
>> stop it
>> when it has spread to a certain volume. I figured that AddObserver
>> might be
>> a way to do this... but it seems that the callback is not called.
>> Is there
>> some other way to monitor the fast march progression?
>>

>> Here is the test that I used (in python):
>>
>> fastMarching = FastMarchingFilterType.New()
>>
>> iterationCommand = itk.PyCommand.New()
>> iterationCommand.SetCommandCallable(fastMarchIterationUpdate)
>> fastMarching.AddObserver(itk.IterationEvent(),
>> iterationCommand.GetPointer())
>>

>> -rick
>> _____________________________________
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Luca Antiga, PhD
Head, Medical Imaging Unit,
Biomedical Engineering Department,
Mario Negri Institute.
mail: Villa Camozzi, 24020, Ranica (BG), Italy
phone: +39 035 4535-381
email: antiga at marionegri.it
web: http://villacamozzi.marionegri.it/~luca