[Insight-users] Problem with writing DICOM using KeepOriginalUID

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:50:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Martin Kavec <martin.kavec at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 182 files (slices) in the output directories for the both situations,
> KeppOriginalUID On and commeted out. Please note that the number of slices
> (files) omitted by Osirix varies. If I run my code multiple times slices at
> different positions and different number of slices is omitted. So this
> problem is a bit intermittent. For this particular run there were 180 slices
> recognized.

ok

>> 4. The the number of SOP Instance UID in one dir is equal to the one
>> in the other one.
>
> Not OK. The number of unique SOPInstanceUID and MediaStorageSOPInstanceUID is
> correct (182) for the series with KeepOriginalOn commented out, and 181 WITH
> KeepOriginalOn.
>
> After a while I identified the two files having the same SOPInstanceUID and
> MediaStorageSOPInstanceUID, I changed them to a unique ones (checked that)
> and now Osirix reads in 181 slices, that is one more. But still one slice is
> missing.

Can you send me a couple of those SOP Instance UID. I vaguely recall
an issue in gdcm 1.2.4 where the generation of unique UIDs was not
robust.

> I found that with respect to the other files/slices in the series with
> KeepOriginalOn commented out, the following tags were left unchanged in one
> or two files: (0002,0013) and (0002, 0012). While this may not affect my
> situation, it is strange that these tags were left behind.

Why would you care about Implementation Class UID and Implementation
Version Name ? Obviously you want them to be updated after a File-Set
Updater operation, right ?

Thanks,

--
Mathieu