[Insight-users] ConstNeighborhoodIterator error

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Aug 6 13:19:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 1:07 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+itk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bitk at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I am trying to follow Examples/NeighborhoodIterators1.cxx
>
> In the example, there is:
>   typedef itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator< ImageType >
> NeighborhoodIteratorType;
>   NeighborhoodIteratorType::RadiusType radius;
>   radius.Fill(1);
>   NeighborhoodIteratorType it( radius, reader->GetOutput(),
>                                reader->GetOutput()->GetRequestedRegion() );
>
> When I try to do the same thing inside itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter.h
> (I'm attempting to modify it):
>
>     typedef itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator< InputImageType >
> NeighborhoodIteratorType;
> // I also tried removing the itk:: since I am now working inside itk::
> already , with no change in the error
>    // typedef ConstNeighborhoodIterator< InputImageType >
> NeighborhoodIteratorType;
>     NeighborhoodIteratorType::RadiusType radius;

do as the error says. say

  typename NeighborhoodIteratorType::RadiusType radius;

I get
> error: dependent-name 'itk::NeighborhoodIteratorType::RadiusType' is parsed
> as a non-type, but instantiation yields a type
> note: say 'typename itk::NeighborhoodIteratorType::RadiusType' if a type is
> meant
>
> I originally tried to create the iterator directly:
> ConstNeighborhoodIterator< InputImageType > it(1, this->GetInputImage(),
> this->GetInputImage()->GetRequestedRegion() );

As the error below indicates, the first argument "1" is not castable to a
"SizeType &". Please say:

  SizeType size(Dimension);
  size.Fill(1); // radius of 1.
  ConstNeighborhoodIterator< InputImageType > it(size,
this->GetInputImage(),this->GetInputImage()->GetRequestedRegion() );

> but I get a lovely template error:
>
> /home/doriad/src/Insight/Code/Common/itkRegionEdgeFunction.h:128: error: no
> matching function for call to
> 'itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<itk::Image<float, 1u>,
> itk::ZeroFluxNeumannBoundaryCondition<itk::Image<float, 1u> >
> >::ConstNeighborhoodIterator(int, const itk::Image<float, 1u>*, const
> itk::ImageRegion<1u>&)'
> /home/doriad/src/Insight/Code/Common/itkConstNeighborhoodIterator.h:111:
> note: candidates are: itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<TImage,
> TBoundaryCondition>::ConstNeighborhoodIterator(const typename
> itk::Neighborhood<typename TImage::InternalPixelType*,
> itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<TImage, TBoundaryCondition>::Dimension,
> itk::NeighborhoodAllocator<typename TImageType::InternalPixelType*>
> >::SizeType&, const TImage*, const typename TImage::RegionType&) [with
> TImage = itk::Image<float, 1u>, TBoundaryCondition =
> itk::ZeroFluxNeumannBoundaryCondition<itk::Image<float, 1u> >]
> /home/doriad/src/Insight/Code/Common/itkConstNeighborhoodIterator.txx:186:
> note: itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<TImage,
> TBoundaryCondition>::ConstNeighborhoodIterator(const
> itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<TImage, TBoundaryCondition>&) [with TImage =
> itk::Image<float, 1u>, TBoundaryCondition =
> itk::ZeroFluxNeumannBoundaryCondition<itk::Image<float, 1u> >]
> /home/doriad/src/Insight/Code/Common/itkConstNeighborhoodIterator.txx:158:
> note: itk::ConstNeighborhoodIterator<TImage,
> TBoundaryCondition>::ConstNeighborhoodIterator() [with TImage =
> itk::Image<float, 1u>, TBoundaryCondition =
> itk::ZeroFluxNeumannBoundaryCondition<itk::Image<float, 1u> >]
>
> Can anyone see what the problem may be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Karthik Krishnan