[Insight-users] [insight-users] use of wrapITK in ParaView?

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:41:36 EDT 2009

Dear ITK users,

What would be the simplest way to have a first experience with ITK?

I was thinking to try it in ParaView to benefit from a tool allowing me easy
visualisation of ITK class test results.

Thus I would like to know if there is a "turn-key" possibility to use ITK
classes via python scripting in ParaView?
I saw that to use ITK classes in python scrip, one can use wrapITK. However,
it is not that straightforward as one has to compile first ITK, then wrapITK
using CMake.

Thus I wondered if  ITK classes can be somehow "activated" in the standard
ParaView package and made available for python scripts just like VTK classes
are? Most notably I have in mind to carry out mesh segmentation using the
itk::QEMeshDiscrete.......CurvatureEstimator classes introduced in this
InsightJournal paper http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/302
I have seen no clue during installation or on the web indicating that this
option was available
However maybe there are pre-compiled binaries of ITK and wrapITK that can be
downloaded and loaded in ParaView in an easy way?

I already asked in the ParaView mailing list, but didn't get any answers...

I thank you in advance for your advices,
Regards,

Pierre