[Insight-users] Installation error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 8 10:58:29 EDT 2009

Hi Siamak,

In order to configure ITK, you should run ccmake from the binary directory
where
you want to build ITK, and you should pass as argument the directory where
you
have the source tree of ITK.

Here is an example of how I usually build itk:

   - export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2
   - export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.2
   - cd ~/src
   - *cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight login*
   - password : insight
   - *cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co Insight*
   - cd ~/bin
   - mkdir InsightBulid
   - cd ~/bin/InsightBuild
   - ccmake ~/src/Insight
   - make

Note that here I assume that in my home directory I already have
subdirectories
called "src" and "bin".

Note also that here I'm using GCC 4.2.
You should replace that with your favorite version of GCC.