[Insight-users] Parallel computing of rigid registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 8 11:01:58 EDT 2009

Just to clarify,

This is a multi-threaded implementation of the Metrics used for
image registration.

Different people understand different things by "parallel processing".

If you are looking for a shared memory implementation that takes
advantage of your multi-processor or multi-core machine. Then
yes, this is it.

If, on the other hand, you are looking for a distributed implementation
of image registration (e.g. based on MPI). We don't have such
implementation in ITK.