[Insight-users] Parallel computing of rigid registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 8 11:05:09 EDT 2009

Dan, Maja,

Yes, the multi-threaded metrics are backward compatible.

All the image registration tests and examples will work with these new
classes

In particular, all the Examples described in the ITK Software Guide:

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

that are available in the directory:

      Insight/Examples/Registration

are still valid.

You will find, however, several extra functionalities, like the
option of providing the collection of sample point to be used
for computing the metric, and the option of selecting the
exact number of threads to use for the computation.