[Insight-users] Principal Axes pre-registration

Oscar Esteban Sanz-Dranguet oesteban at die.upm.es
Tue Aug 11 07:56:47 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm registering RM-SPECT pairs, using centered transforms and moments
initialization. I would like to improve the initialization not only
using the centers of masses of the two images. I thought that aligning
the Principal Axes would work, but I don't understand the implementation
as well as I need to code it.

I've read the documentation of
itk::ImageMomentsCalculator<>::GetPrincipalAxes(), but I can't find out
how to compute the matrix that I should apply to the moving image in
order to make the correct rotation.

I think that I should calculate the inverse of the principal axes matrix
of the moving image. Then, multiply it with the principal axes matrix of
the fixed image. Isn't it?

Thanks in advance. Best Regards.

--
Oscar Esteban