[Insight-users] Principal Axes pre-registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 15 20:01:03 EDT 2009

Hi Oscar,

What you have mentioned is close enough...

The matrix that you want is actually the Axis of the Moving image
multiplied by the inverse of the Axis of the Fixed image.

You may want to look at the code of the file:

     Insight/Code/Common/itkCenteredVersorTransformInitializer.txx

(attached to this email for your convenience).

Note also, that we just fixed this file in CVS, after looking at your email,
Therefore, if you want to look at the ITK source code version, you should
get an updated CVS checkout.