[Insight-users] Creating and Using Spatial Objects from Labeled Images

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Wed Aug 12 01:22:47 EDT 2009

Hi Neal,

If  you  want  orientations, sizes, surfaceareas and such from labeled objects
itkLabelImageToShapeLabelMapFilter from the  contribution  of  G.  Lehmann  is
exactly  what  you  want.  The  IJ  article  discribes  most  of the available
attributes the filter can evaluate. GetPerimeter() can be found  only  in  the
examples of that contribution. It calculates the surface area.
What  Do you mean by spatial objects? If you want to create a mesh have a look
at Bills example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Create_cubes_from_labeled_volume_data

Lynx