[Insight-users] Creating and Using Spatial Objects from Labeled Images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 15 20:18:17 EDT 2009

Hi Harvey,

You may want to reconsider the large picture of what your overall
goal is, and separate it from the ITK methods that will bring you
there.

If your final goal is to perform registration of segmented objects,
then there is not much advantage in involving Spatial Objects
in the process.

You could just as well compute Image Moments from binary
images (even if they have been extracted from a set of connected
components), and then use that to initialize a transform.

Beyond that, you simply need to use any of the image metrics
that are suitable for labeled (or binary) images.  In particular
you may want to consider the

     itkMatchCardinalityImageToImageMetric.h