[Insight-users] Specifying landmarks in the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx example?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 16 11:22:47 EDT 2009

Hi Motes,

          "Glimpsing at the source leaves no doubt"

If you look at lines 120-130 of the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx file:

  while (!infile.eof())
    {
    infile >>  p1[0] >> p1[1] >> p1[2] >> p2[0] >> p2[1] >> p2[2];

    sourceLandMarkContainer->InsertElement( id, p1 );
    targetLandMarkContainer->InsertElement( id++, p2 );
    }

You will see that the first three values of the file are assigned
to the X,Y,Z coordinates of the first source landmark, while the
second group of three values is assigned to the X,Y,Z coordinates
of the first landmark in the group of target landmarks.

Note that this is different from how we manage BSplineDeformableTransforms.

In this ThinPlateSpline example there are no deformation vectors.  We use
a group of landmarks in the Fixed image, that map, one-to-one, to landmarks
in the moving image.

The triplet ( 180  217  0 )  that you pointed out to in your email,
correspond
indeed to the coordinates of a point in the space of the fixed image.

It is the point with coordinates:   X = 180.0, Y = 217.0,  Z = 0.0