[Insight-users] Contour vs. Mesh registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 17 10:52:10 EDT 2009

Hi Eliana,
Thanks for the clarifications.

You are indeed dealing with a very hard problem.
(and ill-posed one).

I have no new suggestions, different from what I mentioned
in my previous email.

I could simply reinforce that you want to make use of any
possible constrain you can add to this problem. (e.g. if you could
determine the range of tilts that the plane may have).

I know that people in this list has dealt with the similar problem
of registering 2D ultrasound images to 3D pre-operative images.
In that case, there is the advantage, of having some constrains
on the orientation of the Ultra-sound plane, and on having access
to the pixel values inside the object (organ), not just using values
from the boundary.