[Insight-users] Registration / affineTransform / translation problem

Yoann Moreau yoann.moreau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:47:59 EDT 2009

Thanks for your answer, There is answer you need to help me.

> 1) Are you using the CenteredTransformInitializer ?

Yes, I' m using this transform.

> 2) What are the sizes (in pixels along each dimension) of
>     your Fixed and Moving images ?

I'm working on 1000*1000 pixel images ( for both moving and fixed Image (I
had some problems due to Mates MutualInformation when my moving image was
bigger than my fixed image (in pixel number)

> 3) What are the pixel spacings of your two images ?

The pixel spacing of my images is 10m / pixel

> 4) What are the origins of your two images ?

If you are asking about physical parameters of Images, my origins are [0 ;
0]

> 5) What exact values are you using in the optimizer scales array ?

There is  my Optimizer Scale array :

  const double translationScale = 1.0 / 10.0;

  optimizerScales[0] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[1] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[2] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[3] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[4] = translationScale;
  optimizerScales[5] = translationScale;

I tried as I explained with a Translation Scale proportional to the diagonal
length of the image (much much lower)  without success.
_

An other Question is :  what's the difference between

transform->GetOffset (at the end of the program )

and

registration->GetLastTransformParameters();
const double finalTranslationX    = finalParameters[4];
const double finalTranslationY    = finalParameters[5];

I supposed it should be the same no ? (*"itk::AffineTransform is stored as a
matrix and a vector (offset). The vector is the translation component."   [
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/insight-users/2005-April/012875.html]* )

Thanks a lot for your help and your expertise !
yoann