[Insight-users] Deformation vectors in the BSplineDeformationTransform?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:24:13 EDT 2009

Are there some resources that describes how the deformation vectors are used
in the BSplineDeformationTransform?

As I understand a deformation vector is placed at a fixed position in the
image. But is that in the fixed image or in the moving image or in both?

And when the orientation and magnitude of these vectors are changes how are
they used? Are pixels moved along this vector in the fixed image to match
pixels in the moving image in each iteration?

It could be very nice to get some resources that describes these basic
issues in detail. I have looked in the itkSoftwareGuide sections that deals
with this subject but they pretty much assume that the above things are
already learned.