[Insight-users] needs a lot of recommandations

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:33:48 EDT 2009

> I have always the same problem: impossibility to run any example of  the
> filtering example directory of  ITK. I'm using windows xp(win32) as
> plateform and visual studio8 (2005). Please  i want that someone gives me a
> little attention and explain to me all the steps that i must do  just after
> generating the.sln file to obtain a result at the end.for example if i build
> "VesselnessMeasureImageFilter.cxx" with Cmake and i obtain the .sln file
> what i have to do exactly after that to have a filtered MRA image.
> Please i'm really in very bad situation. there is many weeks that i still
> tried all examples but all my test are failed . I need help and you are the
> unique solution to get help. i will waiting for a speed answer. Thank you
> every body for understanding me.
> the CMakelists.txt that i wrote for this example is the following:(is it
> correct ou may be must i add others instructions)
> "# This is the root ITK CMakeLists file.
> CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4)
> IF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)
>   CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0003 NEW)
> ENDIF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)
> PROJECT(FilteringExamples)
> FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
>   IF(ITK_FOUND)
>     INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
>   ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
>     MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
>             "Cannot build InsightApplications without ITK.  Please set
> ITK_DIR.")
>   ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)
>
> ADD_EXECUTABLE(VesselnessMeasureImageFilter
> VesselnessMeasureImageFilterss.cxx )
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(VesselnessMeasureImageFilter  ITKBasicFilters ITKIO)
> IF( NOT ITK_DISABLE_CXX_TESTING )
> IF(BUILD_TESTING)
> ENDIF(BUILD_TESTING)
> ENDIF( NOT ITK_DISABLE_CXX_TESTING )

If this built correctly. Click the start menu. Click run. Enter cmd in
the box. Press Ok.

Then use the cd command to change directory to whatever folder you
built your executable in

for example

cd c:\Projects\ITK\MyCode\SomeExample\bin\debug

If you do not know the exact path use explorer to find it.

Then type the name of the executable at the prompt. This will give you
an error because you did not enter the required arguments but the
program will then tell you what it expects.

John