[Insight-users] help request for itk/tcl

Hatice Dogan hatice.dogan at deu.edu.tr
Mon Aug 24 06:31:02 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am newbie for the usage of ITK and VTK. I am trying to configure itk and
vtk for tcl. I downloaded vtk5.4, tcl8.5 and ITK3.14.0. First  I installed
tcl by using ActiveStateActivetcl8.5.7.0. and then i tried to configure vtk.
By using cmake 2.6, i configured the vtk and by using MSvisual studio 2003
I compiled the vtk.sln. I also build the INSTALL so under the
c:\program files\vtk directory lib, build and bin directories were created.

Later I added the path the following lines:

C:/Program Files/VTK/bin;C:/Program
Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl8.5;C:/Tcl/lib;C:/Tcl/lib/tk8.5;
C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4/tcl;C:/Tcl/bin; C:/Program
Files/ITK/lib/InsightToolkit;C:/Program
Files/ITK/lib/InsightToolkit/tcl;C:/Program Files/ITK/bin

my operating system is windowsxp. Later i created a new environmentvariable
called TCLLIBPATH and assigned the following lines

"C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4"

Every *.tcl example under the D:\DevelopITK\VTKSRC\Examples directory worked
succesfully.

Later i configure ITK with cmake with the following options.( I downloaded
CableSwig
and expanding inside the directory:.../ Insight/Utilities and cmake easily
find  CableSwig_DIR.)

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=on
itk_cswig_tcl is on
use_wrap_itk is off

but i get the following errors:

1) itkwish fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ITKIOTcl.lib'

> 2) C:\InsightCable\Code\Wrapping\CSwig\IO\itkTkImageViewer2D.cxx(117):
> error C2660: 'Tk_PhotoSetSize' : function does not take 3 arguments
>
> 3) C:\InsightCable\Code\Wrapping\CSwig\IO\itkTkImageViewer2D.cxx(146):
> error C2660: 'Tk_PhotoPutBlock' : function does not take 7 arguments.

What can I do, to fix these errors?

I added the   "C:/Program Files/ITK/lib/InsightToolkit"  line to the
TCLLIBPATH.

When I write  "package require InsightToolkit" command at the wish console,
the following error is occured:

couldn't load library "C:/Program
Files/ITK/lib/InsightToolkit/VXLNumericsTcl.dll": this library or a
dependent library could not be found in library path
attempt to provide package vxlnumericstcl 3.14 failed: no version of package
vxlnumericstcl provided

I also added the following lines to the TCLIBPATH

"D:/DevelopITK/ITKbin/Wrapping/CSwig/Tcl/Release"

in that case when i write

"package require InsightToolkit"

I get the following error message

couldn't load library "D:/DevelopITK/ITKbin/bin/Release/ITKIOTcl.dll": this
library or a dependent library could not be found in library path
attempt to provide package itkiotcl 3.14 failed: no version of package
itkiotcl provided.

I thought that this error is related with the errors that I get during the
build process of itk.sln.

I would be gratefull if anyone suggest any solution to this problem, because
more than  for 1,5 month, i have been trying to install vtk and itk.

Thanks for your attention

Best regards...
Hatice