[Insight-users] simplest way to find the zero level set ( no evolution necessary)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 2 15:29:27 EST 2009

Hi Liam,

You may find useful to study the internal implementation of itk Level
Set filters. In particular the SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.

            Insight/Code/BasicFilters
               itkSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.h

You will find that the values (and positions) of the LevelSet are
stored only for a couple of layers of pixels around the Zero Set.

You could reuse such structure, and implement on top of it, the
calculation of the radial basis functions.

Of course, once you do this, it will be great to post your code,
along with a technical report, to the Insight Journal   :-)