[Insight-users] Segfault with ScalarImageToGreyLevelCooccurrenceMatrixGenerator

Marshall Strother mcstrother at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:50:24 EST 2009

Dear ITK users,

I'm having some trouble with
itk::Statistics::ScalarImageToGreyLevelCooccurrenceMatrixGenerator.

Please see the code at the following pastebin address:
http://pastebin.com/m2f534d31

Everything in "Part 1" seems to be running correctly, and if I insert a call
to reader->Update() at the end, the image is read correctly and I get no
errors.  However, the currently uncommented code is throwing a segfault,
specifically at the highlighted line (#53).  As the comment says, I suspect
the problem  is that I need to update the pipeline somewhere before I can
call ->Compute(), but I can't figure out where.

If it helps to have a general idea of what I'm doing, I'm trying to use the
above code (include the section at the end that is currently commented out)
to generate texture features of a 3D image.  Generating the scalar measure
of entropy for the entire 3D image is just an initial test.  If that
succeeds, I hope to adapt the code to be used with a NeighborhoodIterator to
get the texture measures around each of the voxels in the image, eventually
giving a 3D output image.  In ITK terminology, I think what I'm going for is
a kind of "texture filter."  Any general  suggestions for that project are,
of course, always appreciated as well.

Thanks very much,
Marshall

--