[Insight-users] getting an flat picture from dicom volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 7 12:04:13 EST 2009

Hi Hadi,

Thanks for your clarifications and for posting the pictures.

I'm afraid however that your description is still confusing.

What you call a "flat picture":

     is it a slice ?
     or a projection image ?

Here is what I can suggest,

Please download Slicer  (www.slicer.org) and play with its
visualization functioalities (slicing and volume rendering)
and let us know which one of them is closer to what you
want to do.

With that information we will be able to suggest you way
of doing this by using ITK and/or VTK.

--

If the diagram in the second picture is what you want to
get, then you could do this

in ITK by using the itk::ResampleImageFilter,
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ResampleImageFilter.html

or in VTK by using the vtkImageReslice class
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageReslice.html

Note that in either case you have to pass to the filter
the information about the orientation of the line.