[Insight-users] How to use Powell optimizer?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 10 19:30:42 EST 2009

Hi Huanxiang

It should be possible to use the Powell optimizer
along with the VersorRigid3D, *as long as* you set
it to walk very small steps.

It will be very nice of you to share the *exact*
error messages with us.

You may want to try the itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer
that is customized to be used with the VersorRigid3DTransform,
given that the space of Versors is not a Vector space, and
therefore the typical approach of Gradient descent optimizer
is not linear enough.

Versor are not composed by using the addition operator.
This is explained in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

---

Please post the *exact* error messages to the
mailing list.