[Insight-users] Vessel seg Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter Question

Gen-Nan Chen gnchen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 19:40:16 EST 2009

 Hi! All,

I tried to use Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter to segment vessel
tree in the lung. I have a few questions here

1. The output Image of Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter is not a
binary image as I thought. Can anyone tell me what those voxel value mean?
Do I need to
\
2. HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter's sigma. Anyone know what does this
sigma value mean and for? Looks like I can get a biggger vessel by using a
bigger sigma?

3. For thin tube like those vessels in the lung, what's the recommendation
value for alph1 and alph2?

--
Gen-Nan Chen,
email: gnchen at gmail.com