[Insight-users] Vessel seg Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter Question

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 24 08:11:34 EST 2009

Hi Gen,

   1. As Cagatay pointed out, the Vesselness filter produces a scalar image
   containing a "Vesselness" measure, which indicate how much every
   pixel "looks like" being part of a Vessel. The filter is not intended to
   produce a binary image.
   You could use the output of this filter as the input of a Thresholding
   filter or the input of a region growing filter
   2. The Sigma relates to the diameter of the Vessel that you are
   looking for. Larger sigmas will tune the filter for detecting larger
   vessels.
   Please note that the units of Sigma in this filter are in physical units
   (e.g. millimeters).
   3. For good values of Alpha1 and Alpha2, please look at the
   LesionSizingToolkit
   http://public.kitware.com/LesionSizingKit/index.php/Main_Page
   It is based on ITK.
   If you look at the subdirectory: