[Insight-users] About the levelset value

Brady McCary brady.mccary+ITK at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:38:15 EST 2009

Wei-Dong,

This is because the filter you are using is based on a sparse field
implementation, and only positions ``close'' to the zero level set are
updated. Usually the zero level set is sufficient. If you need a
distance transform from the zero level set, pass the output of the
segmentation to ThresholdImageFilter to make inside pixels have value
one and outside pixels have value 0, and then pass this output to a
signed-distance filter, like SignedDanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.

Brady