[Insight-users] [insight-users] 3D sequence registration . ( Fighthing Superstition )

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:44:33 EST 2009

Hi Luis,

I first want to thank you for the response.

Second I want to apologize because I did not express myself clearly.

I believe that you are right saying that there is not the "Best"
method, but what I meant by best
is of course the best that I can get to run "my application".

Anyway I wanted to stress the fact that I am not an expert in
registration and that to me it is only needed as a preprocessing
step, thus I would like to spend  little time but have a decent result
that can allow my application to run correctly, but this of course it
will be hardly possible and I think someone needs to understand how
things work.

My images are CT scan of the calf.

I hereby attach 3 images of the axial view (WIN=100HU,LEV=0HU), I
subtracted the 29th timeframe from the 1st timeframe to show the
motion state. What you see is a contrast enhancement in the left leg
(vessels and muscles) and noise of course.

-original contains the original DS
-bspline contains the one after registration with DeformableRegistration8.cxx
-demons contains the one after the registration with
DeformableRegistration2.cxx

I am quite satisftited with the bspline using the Mutual Information
but I am still wondering if one can get something with less
contours by changing some parameters.

Any further help of course is welcome.

Marco G.

--