[Insight-users] add/preserve a tag in a dicom series header

Stéphane CALANDE scalande at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 04:37:16 EST 2009

Thanks Mathieu,

My problem is always about "SUV".
After some researchs, it seems that Philips store in a private tag
(7053|1000) a coefficient that "facilitates" the computing of SUV.

To calculate the SUV of a particular pixel, you just have to calculate [
pixel _value * tag 7053|1000 ]

The tag 7053|1000 is a number (double) taking into account the patient's
weight, the injection quantity,...

The hospital software know that it he has to get that tag value in order to
provide SUV value to the user.

Following you, it's up to me to add that tag... Can you give me advices on
how I can easily add a tag to a dicom file ?

I can already get the tag from the original file by doing :

double suv;
itk::ExposeMetaData<double>(*dictionary[i], "7053|1000", suv);

Do you know any software that permits to easily add a tag ?

Thank you a lot,

Stéphane