[Insight-users] ITK 3.10.1 Packages for Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Thu Jan 22 13:15:55 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 05:38:29PM -0500, Paul Novotny wrote:
> I created the packages to use WrapITK in python. The debian/ubuntu
> python packages (python-insighttoolkit) do not use the new WrapITK
> framework. I have not looked into these new packages from debian-med,
> but my suspicion is that they still use the old style wrapping. I
> personally find the WrapITK with python more powerful and easier.

The Debian packages use the old-style cswig wrapping.  I have
considered switching to WrapITK, but in the (distant) past I had no
luck with it.

One issue that I recall is that the python examples distributed with
ITK did not work with WrapITK.  I seem to recall that the wrapped
names of things was different.  Maybe I'm misremembering, so let
me ask: can you run all the python examples with WrapITK-based
python bindings?

Thanks,
-Steve
(Debian ITK maintainer)